10 Ways to Improve Your Search Ranking
The higher your site is ranked, the more traffic you will get to your website. Search ranking is never guaranteed, but with a few tips, you can increase your chances of being found!
Search ranking is easy to improve if you pay attention to some of the details. Here is a list of things you can do to help improve your ranking with Google and other search engines.
- Location – Is your business location on Google Maps? The business name and address should be clear on the website ‘Contact Us’ page by using a Google Map location. This will insure your location is listed with Google. Search rankings are a direct result of how you interact and exchange information with Google.
- Unique Content – Each service should be it’s own unique page, with about 300-450 words per page. If you cannot come up with 300 words to describe a service, hire a professional.
- Security – All websites now need an SSL Certificate to be viewed in Google Chrome. Many company firewalls are looking for secure sites. Google search ranking algorithms, as well as other search engines, now includes security and SSL requirements. For more information about SSL Certificates click here.
- Speed – Google wants your website to be nimble on it’s feet. A website that is too slow or heavy will not get opened as much and could effect your traffic and bounce rates.
- Page Titles and Descriptions – Take the time to add a unique page title and unique page description for each page on your website. When someone searches for your company, product, or services, it is more likely they will be directed to the proper page on the first try.
- Mobile – Google is now including “mobile” as part of your search ranking grade. Your website needs to have a mobile version to be included in the top search results.
- Be Social – And we are not just talking Facebook. Expand your social reach on Linked In, Twitter, Instagram and also include a plan for blogging/posting each month to drive traffic to your website.
- Sitemap – Located on your company’s website, your sitemap will guide viewers and search engines to the names of the web pages on your site, including the location which makes it easier for them to rank and get “served up”. The most common Sitemaps are XML sitemap or HTML sitemap.
- Image Tags – Many companies offer services or products that people search using the “Image” search tab. It is important to tag and describe each photo or image on your website. Images also help to break up the text and content. When TAGGING images, be sure to use your keywords as part of the tag.
- Calls To Action! – What action do you want your visitors to take? What kinds of things can you do to connect prospects to your sales team? Think form fills and e-mail capture for future contact with visitors who might become clients.
John Rod & Co. Is a local advertising, marketing firm based in Monmouth County, Freehold, New Jersey. For more information on John Rod & Co and our marketing services, please call (732) 462-2748 or click here.